Author Topic: Knoxville Bypass For You Coming In From I-81  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Siber Express

• Dragon Slayer
  • Mazda 2 Driver
  • Car Appeal: +3/-0
Knoxville Bypass For You Coming In From I-81
« on: May 30, 2009, 07:48:26 AM »
If you are coming down on !-81 to interstate I-40 traffic sucks if you go by the Google Maps, it takes you right through downtown on Cumberland, and that is not any fun.
They have a stretch of I-40 right in Downtown closed until June 12, so it is a bitch coming in from the East side of Knoxville
Bypass 1
When coming down I-40 you get off at exit 398, Strawberry Plains Pike and go left at the bottom of the ramp. Go about 3.5 miles to the first light after you go through all the crap by the freeway and turn left on Gov John Sevier Hwy/TN-168. Go down 168 until it ends at a stop sign. Go through the intersection and that leads right on to US-129.

Bypass 2
Coming down I-40 you take the I-640 ramp, take I-640 to I-275 South, when you are approaching I-40 get in the left lane, you will get onto I-40 westbound but stay in the lane you are in, it takes you right onto US-129.

He Who Dies With The Most Toys, Is Nonetheless DEAD

Offline ro4fd

• Old
  • Coordinator
  • MazdaSpeed Driver
  • Car Appeal: +17/-4
  • hello
    • CarolinaMazdas
Re: Knoxville Bypass For You Coming In From I-81
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »
Awesome, i had forgotten the road work in Knox.

Offline Siber Express

• Dragon Slayer
  • Mazda 2 Driver
  • Car Appeal: +3/-0
Re: Knoxville Bypass For You Coming In From I-81
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »
If you are coming in after 2 PM on Friday 6/12 I-40 will be open again. You will be able to run that up to US 129
If you are coming in from Nashville there is going to be a back up on 321 that could take up to an hour just East of Lenoir City on the bridge going over the Fort Loudon Dam.

He Who Dies With The Most Toys, Is Nonetheless DEAD