Regional > TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL, MS, AR

The new guy.

(1/5) > >>

IC1337:
Hello all. Figured an introduction couldn't hurt before seeing everyone. I'm chad, I just bought an 06 Mazda 3 s in winning blue. So far loving the car, slightly hating the dealer.

Parts of this are my fault for not checking when I was taking the car off the lot but so far I have come across a failing window regulator, very poor (read near non existent wiper blades, 2 of 3 corrected), 12v outlet which doesn't work, and the exhaust had fused itself to the bumper insert. I'm hoping to have electric sorted by EECMM which shouldn't be much an issue. Looking forward to getting to know some fellow Mazda owners in the area and having a good time.

When I lived up in pa I had an SVT focus and was involved with a couple of groups there. Can't find a forum with active tn members aside the Mazdaspeed one though.

BigOrangeCarrot:
You'll know me when you see me... I'm a orange carrot after all.

Tony:

--- Quote from: IC1337 on July 02, 2012, 02:38:23 PM ---Hello all. Figured an introduction couldn't hurt before seeing everyone. I'm chad, I just bought an 06 Mazda 3 s in winning blue. So far loving the car, slightly hating the dealer.

Parts of this are my fault for not checking when I was taking the car off the lot but so far I have come across a failing window regulator, very poor (read near non existent wiper blades, 2 of 3 corrected), 12v outlet which doesn't work, and the exhaust had fused itself to the bumper insert. I'm hoping to have electric sorted by EECMM which shouldn't be much an issue. Looking forward to getting to know some fellow Mazda owners in the area and having a good time.

When I lived up in pa I had an SVT focus and was involved with a couple of groups there. Can't find a forum with active tn members aside the Mazdaspeed one though.

--- End quote ---

Welcome again, that sucks you had so much trouble with the car!!!

Not sure why you'd be looking for "Mazdaspeed" members vs just regular Mazda 3 members... but you can check this thread here - http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f571/nator-tn-whats-new-your-build-98725/

And for a massive list of people in the TN area with Mazdas... - http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=110883.0

Hopefully that helps. You'll also meet at least 4-5 people from the Knoxville area at a minimum I'm sure, and once you know Brandella - https://www.facebook.com/MazdaDoll - you'll know everyone else in the TN Mazda crowd lol

IC1337:
what I meant was that I hadn't seen anywhere other than the speed forums that had a lot of activity. Not necessarily looking for them, I'd rather either just 3 or general mazda types.

Still sorting car issues, today's discovery is that there's something interesting going on with the passenger side fog light. Didn't have time to crawl underneath this morning but when I glanced at it walking out the lamp was directed at the driveway. I'll look at it in a bit.

Any suggestions on a rear bumper with a larger exhaust cutout that isn't ridiculous looking? It's looking like I'm going to run out of black plastic to melt through soon. (Silver lining: the exhaust hangars are certainly not failing)

Tony:

--- Quote from: IC1337 on July 03, 2012, 09:32:39 AM ---Any suggestions on a rear bumper with a larger exhaust cutout that isn't ridiculous looking? It's looking like I'm going to run out of black plastic to melt through soon. (Silver lining: the exhaust hangars are certainly not failing)

--- End quote ---

LOL

Well, post up a pic! Some people have found that just inserting a small heat shield on the underside can keep things just fine and dandy... Odds are you either need to re-angle your exhaust, or you need to extend the tip by a few inches...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version