Author Topic: where did everybody go?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline vanatta251

• Mazda 3 Driver
  • Car Appeal: +8/-0
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=503022846
where did everybody go?
« on: September 30, 2008, 10:02:50 PM »
does anybody else wonder why we had like 100 cars register for eecmm08 but i dont think we even got half to show up.  and now we can only get 30 people to vote for 09.  what happened to everybody? we need this thing to get rollin' cause man i cannot wait for 2009 and hopefully i will be able to keep up when yall decide to go racing down the highway and leave all us non-turbo guys in the dust wishing we had a turbo.

[interior LED's] [TWM short shifter] [painted engine covers] [ injen CAI] [ Corksport CBE] [Eibach Pro-kit] [Sirius]

Offline Tony

• EECMM Admin
  • Admin
  • Team Mazda Driver
  • Car Appeal: +49/-22
  • The more life shits on me the more I'll grow
    • aps11090
    • tony0range
    • My Mazda 3 blog
Re: where did everybody go?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »
does anybody else wonder why we had like 100 cars register for eecmm08 but i dont think we even got half to show up.  and now we can only get 30 people to vote for 09.  what happened to everybody? we need this thing to get rollin' cause man i cannot wait for 2009 and hopefully i will be able to keep up when yall decide to go racing down the highway and leave all us non-turbo guys in the dust wishing we had a turbo.

Sorry bout that dust thing haha.

Well, if I had to guess, I would say that since the majority of meet population tends to be younger... something as simple as gas prices is what the largest factor is... but beyond that I imagine the current spin cycle the economy is in has something to do with it.

I figured we would lose 25-40% off the top... but that would have given us 70 cars stilll I think we ended up at around 52 cars? So yea... we had some falloff. It was still a great time though and it was great to meet some new faces and put some names to faces as well!

I plan on getting drunk as a skunk and dry hump a large stuffed animal. 

Offline He Who Shall Not Be Named

• Forum Jackass
  • Team Mazda Driver
  • Car Appeal: +14/-30
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »
ya it really hurts to see how things turned out this year, i mean we still had more than last year and it was a little more professional which was great. but ya gas prices probably steered many people away. although there are some people who had no excuse to just not show up which honestly im still pissed off with about 10 people. also there has been a huge drop in forum activity, nto on this forum but the bigger forums so that doesnt help. things will get pumped up again can we start working on a city location soon?

Offline vanatta251

• Mazda 3 Driver
  • Car Appeal: +8/-0
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=503022846
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 12:00:06 AM »
yeah i agree with corbs, i think its time to move on to deciding the city, if we wait for 35 votes on the state i think we will be waiting for quite a while still.

[interior LED's] [TWM short shifter] [painted engine covers] [ injen CAI] [ Corksport CBE] [Eibach Pro-kit] [Sirius]